Who are you?
I am known in the web mostly as floxyz (or floxyz_ as on Twitter). In my opinion this is pronunced as flo-x-y-z but some people told me they rather say "floxü". Which is also fine.
What are you doing?
I am currently doing a PhD in computer science at the university of Innsbruck (soon to be continued in Paderborn).
In what area exactly?
I am mostly interested in vehicular communication, especially in heterogenous networking. You can find more (in the future) here: My staff page.
What else are you intersted in?
I like sports.
What kind of sports?
Actively I like to play Volleyball. Without competition are sports like mountaineering, cycling and best of all: skiing (see cover picture).
I really enjoy watching football, either my home towns team Red Bull Salzburg or in general interesting Champions League games.
Something else you are interested in?
I like to read books, mostly Fantasy, Crime or books about computer science. And I like to watch TV shows...
I loved (now finished):
- Breaking Bad
- The IT Crowd
I can recommend all of them.
But they are all finished, something currently running?
I currently watch:
- House of Cards
- Game of Thrones
- sometimes The Simpsons, Family Guy or American Dad
Especially Sherlock, House of Cards and Game of Thrones are awesome. Archer if you like very dark humor.
Something else interesting?
I enjoy doing stuff with a computer. That's probably the reason why I started this blog.
Ok, what will be on this blog?
- Some research stuff. I like the idea of sharing data and research results. Some of these will be definitely posted here.
- Football related stuff. Sometimes I want to write more than 140 characters. Then I will write it here. Most probably in German.
- Interesting stuff about computers in general. Cool software, hardware and if I find time maybe something about PC gaming.
- I also developed some interest in politics over the last few years. Maybe I will post some of my opinions here.
I don't know what I will write mostly about. Let's see what time brings.
Wow, that's a lot of stuff to write about...
This will be all for now. If you don't already do please consider following me on Twitter, I will most probably follow back and leave some comments about this blog!
See you soon!